A New Year


Happy New Year!!
What adventures are in store for you in this new year? What resolutions have you made, if any?
 
I've never really been one to believe in New Year's Resolutions. I figure any day is a good day for resolutions. But lately, I have definitely been feeling the turning of the years. It started weeks ago, with an onset of anxiety that I hadn't experienced before.  It was all from tiny little aspects of my life that I wouldn't normally think of as creating anxiety.

Being the pro-active person that I am, I started breathing deeper, cutting back on caffeine, eliminating stress factors in my life. Almost subconsciously, I began making decisions. To bring more beauty into my life. To stop "making do" with less. To reach within myself, grasp those aspects of myself that had been neglected, dust them off, and hug them tight.

Is this what it's like to be in your 30's? To be more in tune with things...more intentional? (I like it.)

I have become more accepting of myself. More embracing. More confident in the things that I love and what has brought me here.

Did you know that I love the color pink?? I LOVE PINK.

I love Fashion. Issey Miyake, Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford, Vera Wang, and Vivienne Westwood are some of my favorites.

I love bright colors--even though my wardrobe may be varying shades of greys and blacks, I love bright colors.

I love African adornment, Australian Aboriginal art, and Native American designs.

As much as I miss the open sky of the country, I love living in the city (more on that soon).

All of these things are influencing my work, my life, my relationships.

What do you love? What has brought you here? What is inside you that has been neglected, hidden away? What is changing for you?

Here's to a New Year--may 2015 bring you more confidence, adventure, love, laughter, and brightness!

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I would agree with you that being in your 30's does seem to bring about a certain amount of clarity, well for me any way. I definitely feel more confident, more in tune with myself and more at peace with who I am in my 30's then I ever have. It is easy to get bogged down with the daily comings and goings of life, and to sometimes forget who we are, what we love and enjoy. I feel a little like this at the moment. I was made redundant from a job I loved at the end of November, and I feel like I've been in limbo since. Happily I have a couple of interviews coming up and I hope to be back in a day job and earning money to invest in my business, but for now everything is on hold, it can be frustrating. It's good to rediscover the fundamental aspects of our identity and act on them. I wish you all the best for 2015 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top