Slingshot


The other morning, after waking up from having a nightmare inside of a nightmare, I realized a something. I have been spending too much time pushing in the wrong directions. Some of it is business related, some of it is personal, but what it comes down to is the need to pull back.

The internet is a strange place--it is so easy to believe that in order to be known in "the world" you have to spend all this time putting yourself out there on the internet. I am trying to find a balance. And in order to do so, I need to focus.

I need to be making, exploring, living. Not in this virtual world, but outside. I have to pull back in order to push forward (like a slingshot). I have to let things go, focus on others, and move forward. Mostly, I need to simply live in the real world for a while.

I hope you are living, making, and exploring as well, because there is a whole wide world out there just waiting for you. Go get it.

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I am feeling very much this way as well, pulling back from the activities that don't feel good/aren't fulfilling to give more time to the things that feed my soul. Glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top