Paint it white


Summer is winding down here, and with those changes also come new beginnings. Specifically, a new studio for me! We are lucky enough to live in a 4-plex that has studios in the converted garages--one of which I have taken over and am in the process of painting. Admittedly, it's been a long process trying to fit painting in between two jobs, managing apartments, and working out so much. We finally have the coat of primer up and soon will start on the wall color--a beautiful white.

When I first walked into this studio, it was all plywood walls. My hopes of moving in right away were dashed--I knew immediately I needed to make this space my own and make it beautiful. Painting it white cleanses the surface, creates a canvas to build upon. Creates light.

(And living in Oregon, light becomes extremely important come Fall, Winter, and Spring.)

DW has been helping out a lot--caulking cracks and gaps, patching and sanding, installing base trim, and painting. I am so blessed to have such a supportive husband and partner--hopefully he will join me in the studio, working on his own projects.

After we finish painting the walls, I can move my bench in (and paint it before it's in its final place), as well as my hydraulic press, stump, and soldering station. I can't wait to get back to work again!

Thank you for reading.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top